How to Clean Invisalign Aligners?
Invisalign Aligners are made of plastic material. Each aligner must be worn for 1—2 weeks and for over 22 hours everyday. Not cleaning the aligners will cause discoloration of the aligners and may cause bad breath.
TIPS TO KEEP ALIGNERS CLEAN:
- Floss and Brush your teeth before wearing Invisalign aligner.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush and a small amount of toothpaste to clean the aligner.
- Thoroughly rinse Invisalign aligners under water to properly clean the tooth paste.
- Always store aligners in a cool and dry place.
- Invisalign recommends using Invisalign Aligner Cleaning products once a week.
- Follow instructions given by your dentist.
WHAT TO DO:
- Store aligner in the storage box provided. Do not wrap it in a tissue or napkin. One may drop the tissue in garbage by mistake.
- Wear aligners for at least 22 hours a day. Remove aligners only while eating or cleaning aligners.
- Keep aligners away from children and pets.
- In case you break an aligner; wear the previous aligner and schedule to see your dentist.
- If you are travelling; plan to take your previous and set of next aligners with you accordingly.
- Always check for sharp edges with your finger; before wearing a new aligner. Your dentist will adjust any sharp edges on the aligners.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not eat or drink while wearing aligners. One can drink water with aligners.
- Do not wear aligners without brushing and flossing after eating food. At least rinse thoroughly with water; if you do not have access to brush and floss.
- Do not soak aligners in hot water. It’s a plastic material and will deform in heat.
- Do not use excessive pressure to insert and remove aligners. Excessive pressure and improper technique may break the aligner.